Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:06 am 

I have been researching my dad's family recently and his grandparents - Samuel Spencer and Jane Horshall had 8 children - Fred, Harry, Arthur, Alice, Joe, Walter, Herbert and Alan, all of whom were born around the 1880s to 1890s. I have found many records for the generations preceding this one and I wondered how I could find out whether or not any of these people's descendants are still living around Burnley. My grandfather was Alan Spencer and my father can remember many of his uncles coming down to london to watch Burnley play but he is not in touch with anyone now. Many lived in or around Cop Row as far as I can see.
any help would be appreciated :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:12 am 
Computer Whizz

Hi,
occasionally in the past there has been the odd article in the Burnley Express about people looking for family members. Some relatives of my mother-in-law got in touch with her that way. I think it was just an----"we are looking for any descendants of ****". It might be worth a try if nothing comes off here.
Gloria

I'd be dangerous with a brain.