Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ne lancs books for sale
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:04 pm 

I have recently acquired a few books on NE Lancs which are duplicates of ones I already have. If you are interested in any of the following, please send me a private message. Price to include p+p. As you will see I'm not concerned to get rich on the proceeds, but would like them to go to a good home !

Brierfield Official Guide, Very good condition. 3rd edition, no date but I guess c. 1960 (cost 6d). £3

A History of the Burnley Grammar School, W Bennett, Good condition, though staples rusty and centre sheet of 4 pages detached. 1940. £3

The Pendle Witches, Walter Bennett, Good condition, though front cover a little damaged (ex sticker), and small crease on back. 1980 reprint. £2

The Trials of the Lancashire Witches, Edgar Peel and Pat Southern, Good Condition, including dust jacket (minor tears).1969. £5

The History of the Church in Burnley, John Eyre Winstanley Wallis, Good condition, though covers and spine frayed. 1923. £8

Please see also my recent post in this Section about 'Rambles Twixt Pendle and Holme'.

Rex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:45 am 

The Brierfield book please, much of my kin had grandparents that lived there and I cannot get enough info from the library due to a fire which consumed the records that I had wanted?. Sounds like a good read in any case.

Thanks, let me know how we go from here. Hannah