Welcome to The Briercliffe Society Forum

The forum is free to join and you do not need to be a member of the society. You will receive an email to activate your account before you will be able to log in. Please check spam filters and junk mail folders for this email.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:41 pm 

As the genealogists amongst you will know, the Colne parish registers are online, up to fairly recent times. Prior to all of this I used the printed ones. A few were done in the 60s or 70s, mainly by Gladys Whittaker, nice softback commercially produced booklets, four in all. The oldest registers were done about 1900 by the Lancs PR Society, now very collectable perhaps. All the others were done around 1990 by John Bentley, just A4 booklets with a plastic 'spiral' spine : cover blue for burials, yellow for baptisms, orange for marriages, about ten in all.

Whilst the registers are indeed all online, there can perhaps be some value in using the printed form. Anyway, I am trying to downsize, and offer free as a job lot all the 1990 spiral bound ones. First come first served ! Pretty good condition given a fair bit of use.

However, they will be heavy ! I expect to visit NE Lancs/Skipton in June, from Cambridge, and could deliver there. If you live elsewhere and say yes first, and are willing to pay post (I guess 10 to 15 pounds) I'll get an postal estimate based on the total weight.

Bapt 1654 to 1774, Bur 1654 to 1774 and 1790 to 1812, Marr 1754 to 1812.

I also have some recent Lancs Parish Register volumes for sale, not NE Lancs (Vols 181 to 187, and 81a). Send me a message if interested. Say £4 each plus postage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:51 am 
Spider Lady

Yes please!! If not already gone.
Could you get an estimate on postage to Stoke please? Do you still have my address?

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:14 am 

Ok, Mel,

Reserved for you. Give me a day or two to get an estimate, and then you can decide.

Your address may lurk in the depths of my computer, but please let me know again !

Best wishes, Rex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:16 pm 
Spider Lady

Great, thanks Rex.
Got to pop out but will PM it to you shortly

Searching for lost relatives? Win the Lottery!